Doctor Alberto Michel is a certified bariatric surgeon dedicated to the treatment of patients who are overweight. With his several years of experience and his over seven thousand operated patients, he knows the basis of the treatment as well as the critical path necessary to attend bariatric patients. Dr. Alberto Michel is committed to the health of his patients, and is always looking for excellency.
- General medicine 2000-2006 UABC Tijuana
- Specialty in General Surgery 2007-2011. HGZ16-UMAE 71 Torreón Coahuila UAC.
- Mini Fellow adjustable gastric band November 2010 Angeles Hospital
- Graduate Diploma Bariatric Surgery theoretical-practical February-April HGZ16 IMSS 2011. Coahuila Autonomous University.
- Advanced course in bariatric and metabolic surgery IRCAD. Barretos Brazil July 2011.
- Training in metabolic surgery. Oswaldo Cruz Hospital, Dr. Garrido-Almino Cardoso. July-August 2011, Sao Paulo Brazil.
- Course of basic and advanced skills in laparoscopic surgery. November 2014. Querétaro Mexico.
- Advanced course in bariatric, metabolic and endoscopic surgery. IRCAD, December 2015. Strasbourg, France.
- Master’s degree in upper and lower digestive endoscopy. University of Strasbourg, France. December 2016-December 2016
- Training in upper and lower digestive endoscopy HGZ35 IMSS Ciudad Juárez, Nov 2015 - April 2016.
- Masters of Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery, Duke University, Florida. June, 2017.
- Surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity. Mexican Congress of General Surgery, Guadalajara 2010.
- Bariatric surgery. International Congress of endoscopic surgery Mazatlán Sinaloa. April 2013.
- Endoscopy and Surgery. International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery. May 2014, Veracruz, Mexico.
- Bariatric Endoscopy. National Congress of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases. Leon Gto. 2014.
- Advanced Bariatric Endoscopy, theoretical-practical course. BCS July 2015. Latin American Congress of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic (IFSO).
- Artificial nutritional support in a complicated patient of bariatric surgery, July 2015. Los Cabos, BCS (IFSO).
- International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery. Mexico 2011-2015.
- International Congress of General Surgery 2010-2013.
- National Congress for obesity and metabolic diseases 2014-2015.
- Regional Forum of Metabolic Surgery, Hermosillo Sonora 2014.
- Meeting of the Obesity Society and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Nov 2-6 2015. Los Angeles California USA.
- Meeting of the Obesity Society and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. April 2016. Las Vegas, Nevada USA.
- Meeting of the Obesity Society and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. June 2017. San Diego, California USA.
- 8 research papers presented at national and international congresses. 2010-2016